No matter what your fitness level or activity preference is, Garmin has you covered, at least so they say. Their line of activity tracker and smartwatches helps you track your activity, then save, plan and share your progress with others. Their goal is to help you move a little more each day, to beat yesterday with the devices that fit your activity level and preferred activity.
Garmin Ltd, (shortened to Garmin, stylized as GARMIN, and formerly known as ProNav) is an American multinational technology company founded by Gary Burrell and Min Kao in 1989 in Lenexa, Kansas, USA, with headquarters located in Olathe, Kansas.
The company specializes in GPS technology for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor, and sport activities. Due to their development into wearable technology, they are also competing with activity tracker and smartwatch consumer developers such as Fitbit and Apple.
That said, a modern Garmin smartwatch just might make you the ideal wrist companion. Quite simply, it would be the best way to bring your smartphone to your wrist. Users of Garmin Smartwatches know they are able to receive texts, emails, and other notifications without having to pull their phone out of your pockets. Some are capable of making calls without being paired to a phone, while others are already waterproof enough to take swimming. Garmin is on the cutting edge of the smartwatch world, so now is the best time to pick up a Garmin Smartwatch today from
- Vivofit 3 measures the wearer’s duration and quality of sleep, quantifies body movement, records heart rate, counts steps and the number of stairs climbed. Vivofit 3
- Vivomove is a traditionally-styled watch with activity tracking capabilities. It has a built-in accelerometer (calculates distance during indoor workouts, without the need for a foot pod), step counter, auto goal (learns the wearer’s activity level and assigns a daily step goal), move bar, and sleep-monitoring capabilities. Vivomove
- Vivosmart HR. It comes with the touch screen and includes heart rate monitoring, media player controls, smart notifications and phone finder features. Vivosmart HR
- Forerunner 735 XT features multi-sport tracking capabilities, a built in heart rate sensor, and a variety of special profiles for jogging, swimming, cycling, skiing, paddle sports, add variety of weight loss activities, and hiking. It comes with a built-in GPS to track the location and to calculate the distance. Forerunner 735 XT
- Fenix 5 was announced in January 2017 with a host of advanced features. Fenix 5
The Garmin Market
Who know what is up next for Garmin, in that they have seen an increasing demand for it wearable activity-tracking devices.
Sales of Garmin’s fitness products rose over 24% to $225.1M, and sales in its outdoor segment, which sells to travelers, campers, and sportsmen rose about 4% to 1.6M.
Now remember, Garmin started out as a GPS maker, has grown in recent years because of a surge in demand for smartwatches and other wearable devices that track everything from your heart rate, to calories and the movement of your pets.
With advancements, comes completion, enters Apple into the smartwatch business to increase completion for the likes of Garmin and Fitbit. However, it has also increased demand for wearable gadgets. One downer for an Apple Watch, it needs to be connected to an iPhone, while Garmin devices can pair with both Apple and Android phones.
Garmin, not just for your average run of the mill mall walker, which average athletes and outdoors adventurers would jump for, no, not just general activity smartwatch at all.
Garmin is for anyone that wants that motivation to outperform yesterday’s numbers and keeps track of it. They are a more rugged than your everyday smartwatch with high performance. Garmin is growing in this market, building on what got them in it. Not wavering form it, building on it and making at mark in coming technology. You won’t find them looking for ways to gain, rather, you find them leading.
Choosing to go with a more pricy Garmin will not necessarily guarantee you the future leader in this market but you will see a leading quality product.
To take a larger look at the Garmin line, see it here: GARMIN