While the term “smartwatch” defies a precise definition, you can think of it as a wearable computer that sits on your wrist.
Every company that every addresses designing a “smartwatch” has its design concept in mind today, market it tomorrow and discontinued it next week. Well the research, development and marketing is not quite that fast but you get the ideal of what the pattern is like.
The evolution of the smart watch continues today. Wearable devices have manufacturers trying to zero in on what functions, features and price point to present to the consumers.
Regardless of your take on smartwatches, you cannot deny that the appeal of them is growing.
The following is a consumer review, done by “BestReview“.
Fitbit Versa (Smart Fitness Watch)
- BOTTOM LINE: A restyled tracker with a modern design and advance smart features that make it the most advanced Fitbit yet.
- PROS: Offers all the features of a smartwatch plus health tracking functions in a sleek, updated style, Waterproof, and can easily be worn in the shower or pool. Has an updated OS plus Wi-Fi and offline music capabilities.
- CONS: Can be challenging to set up, as the firmware may take some time to update. Occasional syncing issuer. Cost a bit more than its predecessor, the Blaze.
Lintelek (Fitness Tracker Watch)
- BOTTOM LINE: An economical pick with features and reliability similar to costlier models. The one to pick if you’re watching your budget.
- PROS: Offers capabilities similar to more costly models, including easily syncing with most devices and tracking of numerous functions. Sleek design and comfortable band.
- CONS: Users with large wrist may find band too slim. Occasional reports of lost data due to spontaneous resets. The display has been found to be on the dim side for viewing.
Fitbit Alta (Fitness Tracker)
- BOTTOM LINE: A comprehensive tracker. Most owners agree it’s an improvement over previous Fitbit models, though component quality lacks at times.
- PROS: Syncs with iOS, Android and Windows devices via Bluetooth. Manufacturer claims that it is safe for the shower.
- CONS: Battery life is not great; requires frequent charging.
Withings Go (Activity and Sleep Tracker)
- BOTTOM LINE: A decent tracker for an appealing price, though accuracy may not always be spot on.
- PROS: Uses long-lasting button battery. Compatible with iOS8+ and Android 4.3+. Five color choices. A price that’s hard to beat.
- CONS: Some owners complain of the inaccurate measurements.
Garmin (vivofit Fitness Band)
- BOTTOM LINE: A streamlined, easy-to-wear design by a company known for making quality data-tracking devices.
- PROS: A stylish monitor that can be worn 24/7. Waterproof. Battery can last longer than a year. Several fun colors.
- CONS: Doesn’t offer as many features as some others on the market. To maximize fitness tracking and monitoring you have to download a Garmin app.
NOTE: This is another re-posting of “BestReviews, a company that spends thousands of hours researching, analyzing and testing products to recommend the best picks for most consumers. BestReviews does not accept free products from manufacturers; all products are bought and paid for with their own money.
The above findings were gathered from the following: 101 Models Considered; 11 Hours of Research; 3 Experts Interviewed; 121 Consumers Consulted.
“Did You Know?” fact: It might sound pretty basic but, if you use your smartwatch more for fitness tracking, it is an important factor to pick which hand you want it to be on. Your dominant hand will be much more in use throughout the day than your other hand.
Your smartwatch, remember is a computer base device that will require to keep it updated to for latest version, corrections and enhancements. Will they all be required, as with most updates, no, but 99% of the time. An update might address anything from system operating performance but will also address fixes for security flaws.
Just remember, hackers can gain access to information not just on your smartwatch, but also on any device that your smartwatch is connected to.
With the above review data collected, the model that was rated
“Best of the Best”: Fitbit Versa
“Best Bang for the Buck”: LinteleK